I just wanted to share with you some of the fantastic work which has been happening in the Practical Cookery National 5 Class. The pupils have been working really hard on their practical skills. Below are a selection of dishes which are tricky to get right, however they certainly pulled it off! Please see the pics attached.
- Lemon Tarts with sweet shortcrust pastry
- Chili con carne with a dome of rice
- Strawberry and mint mousse
- Chicken goujons with a honey and orange dipping sauce
- Smoked Haddock Kedgeree with a poached egg (completed yesterday – some of them I would have said were restaurant standard!)
Also we have the S3 elective class who made cinnamon rolls yesterday, which went down a treat. This was in link with their ‘Food Science’ topic looking at the growth of yeast in bread making. We also teamed up with the Science department to create plant and animal cell cupcakes. The pupils made, iced and decorated with fondant toppers to represent animal and plant cells. Miss McPherson was delighted with the outcome, the pupils then took the cupcakes to Science where they identified and labelled the parts of the cells correctly. A successful project we hope to do again next year.
Hope these photographs bring a little joy in what feels like an uncertain time for everyone.
Watch out Masterchef!!